"I am going to make everything around me beautiful. That will be my life". Elsie de Wolfe


Monday, February 28, 2011

Make an Entrance...



Your front door is the first impression for visitors to your home. It's therefore vital to make an impact. Most grand homes have beautiful front doors, often double doors (a favourite of mine).

There are some simple things you can do to update the entry point to your home:
  • Paint - high gloss works well for exteriors and looks more glamorous than a flat paint;
  • If you have the space, place urns or beautiful pots either side of your door;
  • Don't forget hardware - there are beautiful options available in handles & door knockers; 
  • A high quality doormat (consider one with a black border or geometric pattern for a classic yet modern look) will finish your doorway off perfectly.
Images: My house my garden; Eden Rose, At home in the country jill; In Style.