"I am going to make everything around me beautiful. That will be my life". Elsie de Wolfe


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Simple Table Setting





This a simple table setting I designed for one of my dearest friends for her birthday. It was a beautiful Summer day and the beach house setting overlooking the water was the perfect venue.

FLOWERS
I wanted the tables to look fresh, natural and very pretty - as though the flowers had been picked fresh from a field that morning. I chose a combination of pale pink roses, pale orange roses, pink snapdragons, green ivy berry & stems of white snow berries & leaves. I love a mixture of berries & flowers. The colour scheme of orange/peach & pink also worked beautifully.
For the flower vessels I used a collection of single bud cut crystal vases & glasses in different shapes & sizes (many of which were my grandmother's, adding to their beauty). I found something like 40 vessels of varying shapes and sizes in the back of the cupboard (think small jugs, shot glasses & miniature vases).

PLACECARDS
The placecards were simple textured white paper with glossy orange ribbon tied across the top & names written in chocolate brown ink. Placecards are an important addition to any table setting as they make your guests feel welcome & special.

TABLE RUNNER
And finally, the table runner was hessian from Spotlight which had been sewn down each side but with the edges left 'rough' to follow through with the natural theme.